LAST UPDATED: April 2015
- INFORMATION COLLECTION
- THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
- CHOICES AND ACCESS
- RETENTION PERIOD
- USE OF SITE BY MINORS
- CROSS-BORDER TRANSFER
- SENSITIVE INFORMATION
- CONTACTING US
- PRIVACY COMPLAINTS
Information You Provide
Some areas of the Site may ask you to submit personal information in order for you to benefit from the specified features (such as newsletter subscriptions, tips/pointers, or order processing) or to participate in a particular activity (such as sweepstakes or other promotions). You will be informed what information is required and what information is optional.
We may combine the information you submit with other information we have collected from you, whether on- or offline, including, for example, your purchase history. We may also combine it with information we receive about you from other sources, such as other Johnson & Johnson Operating Companies, publicly available information sources (including information from your publicly available social media profiles), and other third parties.
Passive Information Collection and Use
As you navigate around the Site, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without your actively providing the information), using various technologies. We and our third party service providers passively collect and use information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system version, and Internet browser type and version. We may collect similar information, such as your device type and identifier, if you access the Site through a mobile device.
- Using pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, or other similar technologies: ·These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted e-mail messages to, among other things, track the actions of Site users and e-mail recipients, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about Site usage and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- Device Information: We may collect information about your mobile device, such as a unique device identifier.
How we use and disclose information
We use and disclose information you provide to us as described to you in our Privacy Notice at the point of collection. We also use information from or about you:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfil your requests, such as to send you samples, documents you request or e-mail alerts;
- to send you important information regarding our relationship with you or regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information; and
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, personalizing your experience on the Site by presenting products and offers tailored to you, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
We may also disclose information collected through the Site:
- to our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting and moderating, mobile application hosting, data analysis, payment processing, order fulfilment, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail and direct mail delivery services, credit card processing, auditing services, and other services, in order to enable them to provide services; and
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings.
In addition, we may use and disclose information collected through the Site as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) as permitted by or required under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may also use and disclose information collected through the Site in other ways, with your consent.
We may also use and disclose information we collect passively as described above, under “Passive Information Collection and Use,” and for any other purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law (for example, if we are required to treat such information as personal information). In addition, we may use and disclose information that is not in personally identifiable form for any purpose. If we combine information that is not in personally identifiable form with information that is (such as combining your name with your geographical location), we will treat the combined information as personal information as long as it is combined.
THIRD PARTY SITES AND SERVICES
We use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
CHOICES AND ACCESS
Your choices regarding or use and disclosure of your personal information
We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may opt out from:
- Receiving marketing communications from us: If you previously gave us your express consent and no longer want to receive marketing communications from us on a going-forward basis, you may opt out of receiving them by contacting us as specified below in the CONTACTING US section. In your response to us, please provide your name, identify the form(s) of marketing communications that you no longer wish to receive, and include the address(es) to which it/they are sent. For example, if you no longer wish to receive marketing e-mails or direct mail from us, tell us that, and provide your name and e-mail or postal address. Please mention “Unsubscribe from johnsonsbaby.com.au” in the comment section. You may also opt out of receiving marketing communications from us by visiting the Site to update your online profile. In addition, you may opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such message.
We will comply with your request(s) within any timeframe set by applicable law or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable. Please also note that if you opt out of receiving marketing-related messages from us, we may still send you important transactional and administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out.
How you can access, change, or delete your personal information
If you would like to review, correct, update, or delete the personal information that you have provided via the Site, please contact us as specified below in the CONTACTING US section. Please mention 'Update my information on johnsonsbaby.com.au'. We comply with your request within any time frame set by applicable law or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable.
USE OF SITE BY MINORS
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of 13, and we request that these individuals not provide Personal Information through the Site.
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Site or otherwise to us. In those cases where we may request or invite you to provide sensitive information, we will do so with your express consent.
Call: Johnson & Johnson Pacific Consumer Care Centre on 1800 029 979
On the Site, via: CONTACT US
Write: Consumer Care Centre
Johnson & Johnson Pacific Pty Limited.
Locked Bag 5
Broadway NSW 2007
- Tell us the details of your complaint including relevant dates and third parties (if any);
- Provide copies of any relevant documents or correspondence;
- How you would prefer for us to contact you with our reply.
- Acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2-3 business days;
- Provide you with a written response to your complaint within 10-15 business days - depending upon the complexity of your complaint this could be at an earlier or later time.
Please note guidance from the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (‘OAIC’) requires any complaint must first be made to the respondent organization. The law also allows 30 days for the respondent organization to respond before a complainant may make a complaint to the OAIC.
You can obtain further general information about your privacy rights and privacy law from the OAIC by:
- calling their Privacy Hotline on 1300 363 992
- visiting their web site at www.oaic.gov.au.
- writing to: The Australian Information Commissioner GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 104